Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Six things...

Annalee tagged me so here are six things about me:


1. Raspberry is my favorite flavor – after chocolate of course. I love black raspberry ice cream, raspberry iced tea, raspberry flavored chocolate and I just discovered Berries and Cream Dr. Pepper which is to DIE for!

2. I hate balloons. Not silvery mylar balloons. They’re cool. I hate latex balloons. I have since once exploded in my face when I was about four. I can’t stand to be near them and hearing them being blown up by those tanks they use in stores actually gives me an anxiety attack. I shun parties where there will be excessive balloons because I can’t enjoy myself. I’d rather be in a room full of snakes.

3. I would never bark at a dog – it’s been my experience they don’t really like it when people bark at them, but I do meow at cats, who don’t seem to give a crap one way or the other what people do.

4. I almost never drink milk. I’m lactose intolerant and I never really liked milk to begin with so now I have an excuse. I put it on my cereal, but it’s probably been over ten years since I’ve had a glass of plain white milk. I don’t even drink chocolate milk anymore.

5. I couldn’t light a match until I was about 25 years old. Seriously. Don’t laugh. My parents were uber-protective. I wasn’t allowed to play with fire or sharp objects until I was in my teens. I had to teach myself how to light a match and I still can’t light a cigarette lighter. My mother cut my meat for me...oh probably until I got my driver’s license. The first time I was allowed to use a steak knife, I cut myself, hence cementing my mother’s belief that I could not be trusted with a blade of any kind. My daughter is 11. She cuts her own meat. Maybe next year I’ll let her play with matches.

6. Germs don’t scare me. Hey, we’ve all got them. They’re all over the place and they can never be eradicated. We might as well get used to them. I’ve learned over the years that our immune systems were designed to deal with germs. The more we come in contact with, the stronger our defenses. I like antibacterial soap as much as the next mom, but it doesn’t pay to be fanatical about it.

6 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

Raspberry... yummy. They used to grow wild in Alaska where I grew up. Red ones. I'll have to try that pop.

I'm probably permanently giggly because of helium overdoses from running a balloon stand at a school fair.

I'm a "dog whisperer" that never learned the extent of my skills. I'm not really joking. Dogs really like me. It can be comical sometimes because I don't want the attention, they make me itch. An allergic natural born dog lover.

I almost never drink milk either. I met a dairy farmer that got freaked out when I admitted it on a plane. But, even if I liked milk I won't drink it on planes because of germs! LOL. I used to fly a lot. My old job had be traveling 2-3 months a year and I was always getting sick after flying so I stopped eating and drinking what was offered and then I NEVER got sick on planes. I'm convinced it is the beverage service that is the worst way to pass germs on a plane. Anyway, I'm a little bit of a germ-a-phobe. But it works for me.

Two Voices Publishing said...

The dairy farmer got mad? LOL. According to pediatricians these days milk is bad for anyone over the age of 2. Plenty of other uses for it - just don't drink it. ;)

Why is it that animals seem to love the people who are allergic to them? I've heard this before but with cats. Birds seem to like me-parakeets, cockatails. Birds like it if you let them look inside your mouth. [Germaphobes beware! LOL]

Angela's Designs said...

Milk... a health-food guru I met a decade or so back told me something to the effect of... Why would a human being want to ingest something designed by nature to make a calf gain seven-hundred and fifty pounds in a short amount of time. LOL. He was one of those people that sold ultra expensive vitamin and herbal supplements that made me think why would a human being want to ingest something designed without any regulation. So I didn't buy into everything he said.

Angela's Designs said...

PS - skipping work today...

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! continental airline http://www.camping-4.info/dinner-cruises-chicago.html scholarships insurance multi travel trip world

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »