Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!


I wanted to post yesterday but Blogger was being uncooperative. To all the moms out there, have a good one! Kick back, read a book and demand to be taken out to dinner, or at least have dinner prepared for you. That's what I'm doing.

Yesterday, I actually relaxed! [That's a big deal for me. I hardly ever relax]. After I made the beds, did the dishes and cleaned the fish tank, I pulled out my candle maker and made a candle. The new mold I have is very cool, but I can only make one candle at a time. That's okay. It's a lot easier than the old way. I think I'm going to make another one today.

We went out to dinner - International Buffet - one of my favorite places and then DH took me to AC Moore so I could spend the birthday gift card I got from our friends Jeff and Jessie. Thanks guys! I decided to buy stuff I wanted but didn't need so I got more candle wax [because I absolutely don't need any more candles or wax] I got some wax tarts for scents, and I bought two battery operated tea lights. I also found a free crochet pattern for market bags and I bought enough yarn to make two of them. Now I just have to figure out how to read the pattern and get the instructions right.

Today the kids drew me pictures. I'm going to order a bunch of books on Amazon, make my candle and start my crochet project. Maybe later I'll work on my Amber Quill story, but I may just kick back and take it easy all day. Then by tomorrow I'll be raring to get back to work.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »