Friday, January 20, 2006

Now I need a Book Shelf

It’s my ambition this tax season to make some home improvements starting with my office. [Yes, I said tax season. I’m counting on that rebate this year!] The first thing I want to do, in lieu of getting a door on my office, is get rid of the dog’s couch. Of course I won’t leave Saber without a place to lounge away his blissfully uncluttered afternoons, but I really need a better piece of furniture in here. This one is 13 years old and ugh.

After than, I want a new bookshelf, but I’ve decided I need a very special bookshelf. One to hold all of the print books written by my crit partners and writing buddies. We’re getting quite a collection going and they really should have their own shelf.

In addition to finding out that Fresh Blood will be sharing print with Annalee Blysse’s Never a Sunset and Marie Morin’s Eternity in an upcoming anthology called Immortal Lovers, I found out that Annalee’s Starlit Destiny will also go to print in the coming months.

So along with Conjured in Flames, Hunters, and Immortal Lovers, I need to make room for Starlit Destiny, the Relic Anthology, Michelle Perry’s Cain and Abel and her upcoming In Enemy Hands and Love: An Anthology featuring a story by Judith Fox.

That shelf is going to get full pretty fast. Amazing, isn’t it? A year ago the majority of us were unpublished and none of us had print books available. Look what a year can do. Imagine where we’ll all be a year from now.

Where were you last year? And where do you see yourself a year from now?

6 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

Remember when we started our group over a year ago talking about needing tables next to each other at a conference sometime! Coming true. Now we just all need to figure out what conference. Worked with Judith on page this past weekend. http://www.freewebs.com/judefox/

Angela's Designs said...

Oh, and cool page on your site! :)

Two Voices Publishing said...

Nice pages, Annalee! I can't wait to see the cover art of IL so I can update my pages again. It makes DH crazy.

K.A.S. said...

That's amazing! You all rock.
I'd love to have an epub in the next year. Print, the next.
Will you add my book to a shelf somewhere when I am? ;)

Two Voices Publishing said...

Definitely, Karen! I might have to get a floor-to-ceiling shelf. Wouldn't that be cool? I've always wanted to have a library in my house.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Chrysler finanial American agricultural insurance company