Monday, December 11, 2006

I Made Salad

Because my spare time runneth over, last week I devoted much of my evenings to this project. The Salad Scarf.

My daughter showed me a picture in a magazine of a scarf someone had made to look like a salad and of course, I rose to the challenge. With a few pointers from my friend, Jessie, the crochet expert, I whipped this up.

My daughter loves it. She wore it to school today [either they'll laugh her off the bus or she'll come home with orders from her friends.] I think I'm going to try for a matching hat.

Why did I do this when I should have been:






Editing three manuscripts
Adding 3000 words to an anthology submission
Filling out copious forms involved with my upcoming stories and print anthologies
Working on my novel in progress
Writing out Christmas Cards

I'm not sure, but I think it has to do with recharging. I used to write to recharge myself. Now I 'don't write' to recharge myself. It's not that I haven't done anything this week but crochet, but I've slacked a bit and let the brain rest. Today, after food shopping of course, it's back to work with a vengeance.

Hopefully this down time will have helped the creative juices circulate better and let me get focused again. If not, then I'm pretty much going to be useless until the New Year - and Christmas cards just aren't going to get written...

2 comments:

Two Voices Publishing said...

LOL! Procrastination is my middle name. I used to write to avoid doing housework. Now I do housework to avoid writing. It's true about repititious tasks, though, if my hands are busy my mind can wander and it keeps me out of the cookie jar, too!

Angela's Designs said...

Love the scarf! Cool.