Saturday, May 05, 2007

Personal Backlist Bonanza begins soon!

Promo is the bane of my existance.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not good at it. It's hard. I don't like to toot my own horn and often times when I do I feel like no one's listening anyway, but statistics show [or so people say] that promotion does help sell books.

What's the best form of promo? Beats me. I've done contests, and I plan to do more. I've done chats and every time I do one I swear I'll never do another. I've done author days which can be fun and paid for ads and went around bragging about my good reviews. I couldn't say if any one of those things [well, okay the paid ads, yes] has brought about an increase in sales.

Nevertheless, I must do it.

So starting Monday and running through September, I plan to have my own Backlist Bonanza and promote one book of mine each week. I plan to post excerpts here, at MySpace and on a few of my groups and generally talk about my books and take questions and very possibly give away prizes...I'm working on that one.

Stay tuned for Monday when I announce my first BOOK OF THE WEEK!

2 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

The new print book (full of backlist) and my new computer program were shipped. I'm waiting. Maybe Monday I'll get them and get to read. ;)

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks Annalee! I hate waiting for things to ship, it always seems like the more you want something the long it takes to arrive.