Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #9




Thirteen Things I've Learned

1. It’s not the chicken soup that makes you feel better, as much as having someone who cares enough to get you chicken soup.

2. Being beautiful won’t make you happy, but being happy just might make you beautiful.

3. Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is just to make you question why things happen.

4. Doing the right thing doesn’t always feel like doing the right thing.

5. If you have a choice between cleaning your house and playing with your kids, play. The house will still be dirty when you feel like cleaning it, but the kids won’t always be kids when you feel like playing.

6. Being comfortable is more important than looking good.

7. No one ever died wishing they’d spent more time at work.

8. You learn more from the mistakes you make than the ones you don’t.

9. Your happiness is your own responsibility.

10. A good dog is worth muddy paw prints and piddle on the rug.

11. Driving slow will get you there eventually. Driving fast might not get you there at all.

12. High school is not ‘the best years of your life.’

13. When someone tells you not to try because they’re afraid you might fail, they’re really afraid you might succeed.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





18 comments:

Elle Fredrix said...

Oh, these are good. I especially like 4 and 8. Great list!

Anonymous said...

Love number 13! -- sad, but true

And I'm with ya about paw prints and piddle!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of those. Especially since it gets me out of cleaning !

Anonymous said...

Amen to #12, sister.

Rhonda Helms said...

You are wise, grasshopper...in all honesty, those are great words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Heather said...

Beautiful list! Lots of great insight there. :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Excellent list. I started to get misty as I was reading them.

They are so true.

Crystal Jordan said...

#1- sooooo true!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I agree with them all except the doggie one.
LOL. Of course, I'm not a pet person......with five dogs. Don't ask. LOL.
I forget the one about playing with my kids. Thanks for the reminder.

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

What a wonderful TT list, Jennifer. They're all so true that it's difficult to pick out a favorite. I think #13 is especially profound.

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

I firmly believe in 2 and 12! Great list!

Shelley Munro said...

Great list! I love our dog even though she constantly interupts my writing to demand food. She's trained me well. And as for the dirty house, I'm so with you. I pick play every time ;)

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks for dropping by everyone! Shelley, my dog has me well trained too - as soon as I park myself in front of the computer, he needs a treat and he won't leave me alone until he gets one.

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are perfect!
How great. My kids are outside playing right now. Should I call them in? LOL But seriously, that list has been my all-time favorite so far, in all these weeks of TTs.
Thanks for the lift, Jennifer. :)

Miss Frou Frou said...

Hi, Jennifer.. I loved this.. particularly 1, 3 and 9. And while I don't mind dogs, I'll have my cats over a dog anyday.

Anonymous said...

I live and die by #6

Grace Draven

Rhian said...

dang it. i just noticed i put my comment in wrong place this morning. 'DOY.

here it is:
"Driving slow will get you there eventually. Driving fast might not get you there at all."

But driving fast is so much FUN!!!!

Also loved the doing right doesn't always feel right...ain't that the truth.

Angela's Designs said...

I car pool partner had a good cat story (as opposed to dogs being worth muddy paws). This little kitty sure made her day. :)