Thursday, June 01, 2006

"The End"



I finished the rough draft of Hunter's Mate! Of course it will need a lot of work in rewrites, but I'm thrilled with what I have. I can't wait to get started on the polishing - but I'm going to force myself to let it sit for a day or two before I jump in. I've always believed I should let my work 'cool' for a while after each stage. It gives me better perspective.

Now I need to decide what to work on next. I'd like to get at least another short story written before summer vacation begins because with the kids around there's not a lot of uninterrupted writing time. I can edit all I want, but the real concentration time is hard to come by. I SHOULD allow myself a couple of days to just relax before I get involved in anything new, but I know that won't happen. I'm too wired and I feel like I'm on a roll. The more I get written now, the more stuff I'll have to work with in the middle of the summer while I'm sitting on the patio watching the kids swim.