Friday, June 16, 2006

In Honor of Bill...

There will be no excerpt today, just a few updates.

I finished my second draft of Hunter's Mate and I'm ready to start editing. It comes in at 32,500 words but I'm hoping to push that a little higher in edits.

Good news/bad news: The story I submitted for EC Cavemen Anthology was rejected HOWEVER - I've been asked to lengthen it and resubmit. The editors felt the writing was strong but the concept deserved a much longer story. While I'm disappointed at not making the anthology, I'm overjoyed at getting the chance to resubmit to EC and expand the story which I did feel could have been longer. It was my original plan to expand it upon rejection by EC, so I could not have asked for more really, plus I found out now in June, instead of having to wait until December.

Fellow Diva Kristen Painter has some good news. She just landed the Knight Agency as her agent. Kristen is one of founders of Romance Divas and a multiple contest finalist.

If you'd like to read a post about heroes - hop over to the Star-Crossed Romance Blog where my article "WHO is the Hero" is up.

I'm off to start working on my rewrites for Ellora's Cave!

4 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

Congrats about the rewrites... Hey lookie at this page. I was hopping about Amazon this morning and they uploaded tons of the eBooks to their site.

Angela's Designs said...

PS... I wonder how many they bought of Immortal Lovers because it now says "Only 1 left in stock--order soon (more on the way)." If I went and bought that 1 book, we will have sold out! LOL. Really I think that just means they're nearly at the end of their stock. Could be one of the books fell behind the conveyor and they'll find it at in three months. ;)

Two Voices Publishing said...

Maybe I should order that one book, then at least I'd have one. I'm still waiting for mine. I e-mailed customer service again - and no repsonse. I was a little upset at hearing readers are having trouble with customer service - that's not good for business.

Shawn said...

Woohoo! Like Kristen said, it wasnt really a rejection. More of like an invitation! :D