Sunday, June 11, 2006

I'm the 5th Grade Frog Mommy

Yes.

We won the 5th Grade frog.



This guy is actually a toad, but his expression is priceless. That's pretty much how I looked when I found out we'd 'won.'

I could just about die from happiness. If only DD were a little bit older, I’d send her out to buy lottery tickets. She’s the luckiest kid I know. She was student of the week her first week of 1st grade, she’s won Lucky Sticker Day [it’s a school lunch program thing] twice and at the Valentine’s Day dance, she won the teddy bear door prize.

Now, a frog.

I’ll be weeping quietly at my desk for a few hours, thanks.

Oh, but the best part is, DS brought home his lottery paper – to win one of four 2nd Grade frogs. Gotta’ love this kid, he says to me, “Mom, I don’t WANT a frog.” Thank goodness.

I suppose I should be happy the 5th Grade wasn’t raising hamsters or ‘gulp’ tarantulas.

In other news:

I've already booked my room for the NJRW Put Your Heart in a Book Conference
October 6 -7, 2006 in Iselin, NJ

I had a blast last year - I learned sooo much! I met some Divas [waves to Liddy Midnight and Jess Michaels], had a great editor interview [even though it ended up not amounting to anything I kicked butt] and just overall had a great weekend. I can't wait to go this year.

4 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

Have fun with the frog! I used to get frogs and my poor mom tolerated them.

Have great fun at the conference again this year!

Two Voices Publishing said...

What about a frog as a contest prize? Think anyone would bite? LOL.

Shawn said...

LOL! Congrats on the new addition to the family. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »