Thursday, June 15, 2006

In Memoriam

William R. Johnson, Ph.D.
June 8, 1971- June 9, 2006




We got some bad news yesterday. Our old friend Bill, shown here giving a recitation at our wedding 14 years ago, passed away on Friday, one day after his 35th birthday.

Bill was quiet and soft spoken, the kind of person who listened more than he talked, but when he did talk he always had something interesting to say. He knew stuff. A lot more than he let on, and a lot more than anyone would have guessed. He was the unassuming type, a behind the scenes kind of guy who didn’t want credit for his hard work. My heart breaks for his family – his Mom and Dad, his sister, his niece and nephew. He’ll be sadly missed by those he left behind, but I don’t mourn for Bill because I know he’s gone home where we will all meet him again one day. He’s happy and healthy and enjoying all the wonders of the universe.

Blessed be, Bill. I’ll see you on the Other Side one of these days.

A brief remembrance from our mutual friend:

Bill always struck me as very mature for his years. I remember a whale watch at Cape May that I went on with him, Judi, Reen and Steve back in 1993 or '94. And I have a mental photo of Bill, Tom and I and some other Avenger folk at a Wild West place in northern NJ. I'm sorry I lost touch with him, except for sporadic emails, in recent years.Tim-----Rahadyan Sastrowardoyo