Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I'm a Samhellion!

Apparently that's what Samhain authors call themselves - and I'm a new Samhain author!

I sold The Rebound Guy to Samhain Publishing!

I got the e-mail yesterday and mailed off the contract today. I'm totally jazzed to join the ranks of some stellar authors:

Jaci Burton
Sela Carson
Jaycee Clark
Ciar Cullan
Lauren Dane
Lora Leigh
Laine Morgan
Josie Okuly
Michelle Pillow
Mandy Roth
Shelley Bradley
Shiloh Walker
Sasha White

And those are just a few!


In other news:

I sent The Adventures of Molten Man, No. 1 off to Amber Quill today. I changed the title to make it sound like a comic book issue - that's the venue I'm going for. Now I've got to pick up speed and get Hunter's Mate 2nd edits done and off to a CP so I can start work on something else. I really would like to have something prepared to pitch when I go to NJRW this year - I mean, why not take advantage of the chance to meet an editor or agent face to face? If I don't have something ready, it won't be the end of the world, but I'd really love to be prepared. Last year, I picthed something that was just an idea and nothing ever came of it. Though I don't beat myself up over it, because the story turned out to be something I just didn't want to write for a publisher I wasn't sure I really wanted to work with, I'd really like the opportunity to make this year's conference work for me. Last year's experience was in no way a downer - it taught me the confidence to walk into an appointment and not act like a complete dunce - the fact that I didn't turn it into a contract - oh well. This year, I want to shoot for a higher star so I've got to get serious about a few proposals and get cracking on a full length novel now while I still have the time to prepare.

3 comments:

Two Voices Publishing said...

Thanks, Laine!

Angela's Designs said...

Woo! Congrats, this is wonderful news. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. the game how we do the documentary free fun games Application patent service Best weight loss medicine