Friday, August 31, 2007

$330 Mil


No, that’s not the amount of my next advance.

That’s the payout on the Mega Millions Lottery tonight.

Of course we bought tickets. Hey, you never know.

What would I do with $330 million?

Well, besides recreate that scene from Indecent Proposal where Demi Moore rolls around in bed with all the money, I honestly don’t know.

As we walked away with our tickets this evening, my husband said, “I know what we’d do. We’d buy you your own publishing company to publish all your books.”

Uh...nah.

I don’t want my own publishing company. Too much work. Writing is fun. Publishing is a business. If I was stinkin’ rich, I’d want to have fun, not worry about all the ins and outs of a tough business like publishing.

I’d still write. I’d still edit. I’d spend some real money on promo – LOL! I’d pay someone to make book trailers for me.

I’d buy a house by the beach and set up my office so I could watch the water. That probably wouldn’t be conducive to getting much work done, though. But I’d be rich, so I really wouldn’t care.

Don’t worry. The odds are against me winning the lottery. I don’t have the lottery winner’s gene.

But hey, you never know.

PS: Speaking of winning things, I'm going to announce the August winner of my Backlist Bonanza Book of the Month Contest tomorrow, so stay tuned.

6 comments:

Cathy M said...

Yep, we all treked out to get our tickets today, too. Hey, somebody has to win, so why not, right? Good luck!!!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Well, I'm not saying good luck. If you quit writing because you're rich, I'd be sad. Very sad.

And I'd get someone to make me a T.V advertisement!!!!!!!!! Heck with a book trailer.

Something bigger and better than the Nora and Christine Feehan ads.

*starts daydreaming*

L.K. Campbell said...

I know exactly what I'd do. Early retirement. I'd kiss that newspaper goodbye so fast they wouldn't know what hit them. Then, we'd travel, and I'd write full time.

Anonymous said...

I'm with your hubby -- buy the publishing co. and pay someone to run it -- best of both worlds that way.

Two Voices Publishing said...

No worries. I didn't win. C'est la vie.

Back to writing and editing. ;)

Angela's Designs said...

I got this all figured out!

I'd quit my job and go to Vegas and win even more, or lose a hundred grand (whichever came first)

Then I'd get back to writing.

On a laptop because I'd be travelling places I probably won't get to unless I win the lottery (like my to see my best friend that moved to Wisconsin).

And, I'd trade in my truck on a 2008 model Ford. I wouldn't feel the need to run around in a BMW. My only extravagance would be that Vegas trip.