Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 26


Thirteen Great Shows to Rent and Get Hooked on

1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer – Joss Whedon, nuff said

2. The Office – the British version, you may need subtitles to understand what’s going on but it’s a lot of fun [watch this one before you watch the American version because unlike most British TV, the American one is better.]

3. The Office – the American version – best in large quantities. Watch five or six episodes at a time and trust me, you’ll be hooked

4. Coupling – the British version – Hil-ar-ee-ous! Better than the British Office in fact

5. Angel – Joss Whedon, nuff said [but if that’s not enough, David Boreanaz]

6. Cold Feet – another British dramedy – funny and strangely compelling

7. Charmed – come on, the sister witches are a lot of fun, you know you love them

8. CSI: Las Vegas – if you’re into crime scene investigations this one rocks

9. Bones – I don’t need to rent this one, I watch it, but if you haven’t tried it, now’s the time get caught up

10. Battlestar Galactica – who would have ever guessed Cheesy sci-fi from the ‘70s could translate this well to the new century? Hot, hot stuff.

11. Firefly- Joss Whedon [Oh heck, don’t rent this one. Buy it. It’s THAT good.]

12. Dinosaurs – if your kids were too young to see this one when it aired, rent it, it’s ridiculous and my kids lurve it [so does my husband]

13. Stargate SG-1 – okay, so I own all ten seasons, but if you want some excellent sci-fi, start with Season 1, this is one great show



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




19 comments:

Jennifer McKenzie said...

I LOVE Coupling. That show cracks me up.
I've almost rented "Firefly" a couple of times, but I loved "Serenity" and I've been afraid the series would mess with the original.
On your say so, I'll try it.

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Totally agree about the American version of The Office. First coupla times, I didn't get it. But by about the fourth episode, I was addicted.

And if you like Bones, read Kathy Reichs's books! She's the brains behind the show.

Bethanne said...

I like CSI Miami, David Caruso and those sunglasses?! so, dramaticly halting.

Uh, I need a picture of Joss Whedon. PLEASE?

Bethanne said...

Oh, and the Office. American.
the one when Jim comes in to work at Dwight.

So funny I almost peed my pants.
I love all of them.

Bethanne said...

as Dwight.

Unknown said...

Am going to have to check some of these out. Not much of a TV person.

Happy T13!

Abby Niles said...

I have never seen a one of those shows. I did see the Buffy movie, but that is it:)

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya on 11 & 12 (two shows that were cancelled way too soon).

Robin L. Rotham said...

Oh, I miss Charmed! And my CP has tried to get me to watch Firefly, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Elle Fredrix said...

I love CSI, but I can't watch the Miami one. DC creeps me right out!

Bones rocks!!

And why the hell did they cancel Firefly. That show was brilliant.

Amelia June said...

lml

Fangirl devil horns for Joss!

I actually have the "Joss Whedon is my master now" tshirt, LOL.

And Jennifer--dude, Firefly came FIRST! You have to rent it :D

Unknown said...

I love Firefly, definitely buy it along with Serenity. I've watched them several times. My all time favorite tv! :)

Paige Tyler said...

So love Buffy, Charmed, Angel, and Firefly!

*hugs*
Paige

Savannah Chase said...

Battlestar Galactica and Firefly... a must......

Debbie Mumford said...

We didn't have cable when Firefly was on, but a friend loaned me the series on DVD AND Serenity ... OMG! Love that show and the movie!!!

Heather said...

Love Charmed! I've spent much of this year catching up on it on DVD and TNT. It's one of those shows you can watch over and over again, no matter how many times you've seen one episode. And who wouldn't love to have some of their powers??

Angela's Designs said...

I have Firefly on my queue at Netflix. I am also going to try Cleopatra 2525 - which I never heard of, but sounds kind of like something I'd enjoy reading about.

Two Voices Publishing said...

Good to see I've corrupted some of you! Happy renting.

BTW - in Season 3 of The Office, Joss Whedon directed an episode. The one with the bat is absolutely hysterical.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

And Jennifer--dude, Firefly came FIRST! You have to rent it :D


REALLY! Wow. I had no idea. I'll have to rent it now.
I LOVE that movie.
And I WANT THAT T-SHIRT.

Joss Whedon is freakin' brilliant.