Thursday, August 02, 2007

I just read...



...Venereus by Sherri L. King and all I have to say is - WOW!


Erotica done right [let's face it] can be hard to come by [no pun intended]. If you're looking for something that's incredibly well-written check this one out.


I devoured it - feeling somewhat like Khira, the succubus protagonist [I won't call her a heroine, because this isn't a romance, it's erotica. Hot, hard and fast. There are no hearts and flowers here, but trust me, you won't miss them.] Like Khira, I couldn't get enough. I'd have read the book in one sitting if my haphazard schedule actually allowed me that much time to sit.

What impressed me most about Venereus is that Ms. King really knows how to string words together. There's no stumbling along, none of those speed bump sentences that always crop up in books that you have to read a couple of times to get the gist of. Her language flows effortlessly.

The story is packed with sex, but unlike a lot of erotica and erotic romance, the often raw encounters never seem gratuitous or repetitive. I didn't roll my eyes once - I wouldn't have risked missing a single word.

If I hadn't spent the last of my book money on Venereus, I'd be off to buy more of Ms. King's work, but her other stories will just have to wait until I get paid again.

No comments: